13 June 2010

Do you see what I see?

A recent visitor to http://www.wailingbansidhe.com/ contacted us and told us that her house is haunted AND she has a photo with a ghost in it and can I please take a look at it.  This is what she sent to me and below that is my response: (I deliberately covered her daughters' face...)















Being a professional photographer (published and award-winning) I have a simple explanation for the "anomaly" in your photo. Behind your daughter is a person who is moving. The on-camera flash wasn't used, so the shutter stayed open slightly longer than when the flash is used, creating motion blur. Sorry, no ghost this time. :-)

A bit direct?  Sure, but why beat around the bush?  I would be remiss in my duties as a photographer to NOT educate people about their photos.  I'm not one of those people who is like, "Oh, great capture!"  What is and always has been Wailing Bansidhe's motto?  PUTTING NORMAL BACK IN PARANORMAL SINCE 2003!

~Mikal

2 comments:

  1. But what if the dude really wasn't there when she took the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean...every picture that is claimed to have a ghost in it isn't legit??? GAASSPP!

    ReplyDelete